Boiled Water vs RO Purified Water
Water is the most important liquid we know. It is everywhere we look. Water is in the ground and in the air that we breathe. All animals, plants and humans need water to survive. Water is the basis of our life. As industries have developed, water became so contaminated that we cannot drink it without any purification. Boiling was the method used from the beginning. But it is not sufficient since water contains metal wastes also. Nowadays lot of advanced methods has come into being.
Water has been important for people for thousands of years. Without water there would be no life on earth and it is also true that without pure water human cannot live on earth. Till now most of peoples are carrying wrong concept for technology of purified water, as a result they are suffering for many diseases which are caused by unsafe drinking water.
Boiling is the most traditional method of purifying water. Now a days most of people drink Boiled Water and they trust on Boiled Water. When water is boiled it kills almost all bacteria present in water. But the water is not 100 percent pure. Boiled Water does not eliminate the chemical pollutants like chlorine present in water. It also does not remove the bad smell of the water. Also we cannot use the boiled water immediately. It should be allowed to cool first.
The Reverse Osmosis membrane has a tight pore structure (less than 0.0001 micron or 500,000 times less than the diameter of a human hair) that effectively removes up to 99% of all contaminants and impurities such as total dissolved solids, chemicals, bacteria and viruses from drinking water. Anti-microbial filters used in Reverse Osmosis also help to remove unwanted odors, colors and tastes from water. This process of purification uses a semi-permeable membrane. Water is allowed to pass through this membrane. It will block all the impurities in the water which are too large and allow only purified water to pass through it. This filtration method removes almost all contaminants in water. To help people understand the difference between boiling and RO Purification, The Marketing Heaven experts conducted a major campaign on social media.
Boiled Water vs RO Purified Water
- Boiled can remove only bacteria present in water but cannot remove toxic wastes and chemicals. RO purification can remove the metal and chemical wastes present in water.
- Fuel is used for boiled water. RO purification require electricity to operate and cost is untraceable. It makes use of a semi permeable membrane and the pressure of flowing water for removing contaminated wastes.
- Water can concentrate some of the toxic wastes which are not vaporized. But RO will remove all the toxic metal wastes.
- The quantity of water will be reduced while boiling because some water may be lost as vapour. There is no quantity change in RO purification method.
- RO systems require maintenance over a period of time which the manufacturer recommends. The membrane should be replaced after a period of time. Since boiling does not make use of any extra equipment it does not require maintenance.
- Damaged membranes cannot be detected easily. As a result we cannot say whether the system is functioning properly or safely. Such problems will never occur in boiling.
- Ro purification can work only when the water has pressure. In a situation where water does not have pressure, this method will fail to work. So this method can fail in an emergency situation.
- Some type of pesticides and organic wastes are not removed by filtration through a Ro purifier.