|Introduction||Desalination uses reverse osmosis technology to remove water molecules from seawater. Water from the ocean is forced through tightly-wrapped, semi-permeable membranes under very high pressure. The membranes allow the smaller water molecules to pass through, leaving salt and other impurities to be discharged from the facility.|
- Seawater intake system
- Pretreatment filtration
- Reverse Osmosis
- Water storage
- Water outlet
- Provides people with potable water (clean & fresh drinking water).
- Water quality is safe (not dangerous or hazardous to any living thing).
- Uses tried-and-tested technology (the method is proven and effective).
- Helps preserve current freshwater supplies.
- Unlimited ocean water as the source.
- Independent of changing factors.
- Help with habitat protection.